The track category is the heading under which your abstract will be reviewed and later published in the conference printed matters if accepted. During the submission process, you will be asked to select one track category for your abstract.
Dementia is a chronic Neurodegenerative disorder in which the complete deterioration of the intellectual functioning and behaviour occurs. It results in progressive memory loss, thus affecting the lifestyle of the people. Dementia is not a single disease entity rather it is the group of symptoms. The common symptoms include personality changes, inability to recognize, emotional problems, a failing sense of direction.
It is stated by Alzheimer's society that around 50 million people are living with Dementia and it is also stated that for every three seconds, a person is developing Dementia. Dementia is prevailing as one of the priority conditions in the field of medicine. Dementia is main leading cause of death in England and Wales over heart diseases. Alzheimer’s disease is 6th leading cause of death in the USA and it kills more than breast and prostate cancer combined. To solve problems of globally various Dementia conferences are arranged to find cure for Dementia society universally.
- Track 1-1Neuro Cognitive and Neuro Degenerative Disorders
- Track 1-2Types of Dementia
- Track 1-3Neurogenesis in Dementia
- Track 1-4Global Prevalence of Dementia
- Track 1-5Topical Researches on Dementia
The Reisberg scale is used to indicate the disease progression. If the person has no memory loss and if he/she is mentally stable and healthy, i.e, a normal person, is said to be in no cognitive stage of the syndrome. The stage 2 or very mild cognitive decline has no evident symptoms, due to ageing the forgetfulness, which is the common symptom emerges during this stage. During the third stage i.e, mild cognitive decline stage people experience increased forgetfulness, and face difficulty in finding words. Stage 4 or moderate cognitive decline includes severe symptoms like decrease in concentration, and the person faces difficulty such that he /she could not travel alone. In stage 5 or moderately severe cognitive decline occurs such that people have difficulties in completing tasks and people start withdrawing from social activities. Next is the middle dementia where the people tend to forget the recent memory activities. The last stage is that they have no ability to talk or communicate. They completely require human help and care
- Track 2-1Degrees of Dementia
- Track 2-2Mild Cognitive Impairment related illness
- Track 2-3Cognitive Memory loss Complications
- Track 2-4Speech Impairment Ailment
- Track 2-5Loss of Psycho Motor skills
Alzheimer’s disease is most common type of Dementia. Alzheimer’s is a chronic Neurodegenerative disorder. Patient of Alzheimer’s shows early symptoms of short-term memory and later progresses to problems in language, disorientation. Causes of Alzheimer’s are not clear yet, but 70% of risks are associated with genetics. There are no existing treatments to reverse or stop Alzheimer’s. Most of patients with alzheimer’s are above 65 years of age but 4-5% cases are of early onset Alzheimer’s. It’s still one of the costly diseases. Separate Alzheimer’s conferences have been arranged to make aware world for its consequences. In 2016, hundreds of conferences have main topic as Alzheimer’s disease as it contributes to 60-70% cases of Dementia. Several countries Governments are taking initiative in Alzheimer’s Congress such as UK, USA, Canada, France having high ratio of deaths due to Alzheimer’s patients and other Dementias.
- Track 3-1Neuro Degenerative Disease
- Track 3-2Genetics in Alzheimer
- Track 3-3Cholinergic and Amyloid Hypothesis in Alzheimers
- Track 3-4Disease Associated Complexities
- Track 3-5Advanced Tests and Treatments
Vascular Dementia is second most common type of Dementia after Alzheimer’s. Brain has one of the richest networks, sudden changes in thinking causes problems in supply of oxygen and nutrients to brain, causes series of minor attacks. Vascular Dementia can’t be tracked until it has series of attacks. Death of brain cells causes problems in memory, thinking and reasoning. There are various types of Vascular Dementia such as Stroke-related Dementia, Post-stroke Dementia, Single-infarct and Multi-infarct Dementia, Sub cortical Dementia. High blood pressure, High blood cholesterol level, Diabetes are some risk factors which majorly contribute to the severity of Vascular Dementia. Vascular Dementia is common type of Dementia after Alzheimer’s disease contributing to nearly 20% cases making it significant in discussions of Dementia conference.
- Track 4-1Clinical Phenotype and Pathogenetic Mechanisms
- Track 4-2Neuronal Dysfunction in Vascular Dementia
- Track 4-3Clinical Diagnosis of Vascular Dementia
- Track 4-4Prevention of Risks
- Track 4-5Advances in Treatment of Vascular Dementia
Alpha synuclein protein depositions in neurons cause Lewy body Dementia. Symptoms of Lewy body Dementia are hallucinations, rigidness in movement. In Lewy body Dementia, disruption among brain cells occur, after one year of observation and progression in symptoms with Parkinson’s disease the diagnosis of Lewy body Dementia is possible. If cognitive problems occur with a year of movement problems doctors declares it as Lewy body Dementia and if not then it is declared as Parkinson’s disease. It is normal kind of Dementia after Alzheimer's illness and having same cases as Vascular Dementia making it critical in interlocution of Dementia meetings.
- Track 5-1Clinical Diagnostics for DLB
- Track 5-2Neuro Psychiatric Features
- Track 5-3Alpha synuclein Protein Associated with Lewy Body Dementia
- Track 5-4Symptoms and Challenging Behavior of the person
- Track 5-5Medications and Treatments for DLB
- Track 5-6Leading edge Researches and Clinical Trials on DLB
Frontotemporal Dementia also known as Pick’s disease is broad term for group of disorders caused by progressive nerve cell loss in the frontal and temporal lobes of brain. Spindle neurons have 70% loss in Frontotemporal Dementia patients while other neurons remain unchanged. Temporal lobes have specific function such as right temporal lobe involved in recognition of faces and known objects. Left temporal lobe involved in meaning of names and words of objects. Frontotemporal Dementia includes changes in behavior, personality and difficulty in speech. It is significant cause of Dementia in younger people. MRI scans may show the frontal and temporal lobe atrophy.
- Track 6-1Forms of Frontotemporal Dementia
- Track 6-2Emergence of Aesthetic Talents in FTD
- Track 6-3Clinical Manifestations of FTD
- Track 6-4Modernistic Approaches in Treatment
- Track 6-5Assessment and Management of FTD
Posterior Cortical Atrophy also called as Benson's syndrome is a abberant variant of Alzheimer's disease, where the symptom is identified at the different part of the brain. It is one of the common Neuro degenerative disorderswhere the degeneration occurs in the cortex region of the brain. It is also due to the accumulation of amyloid protein in that region. The PCA affected patients show amyloid plaques and tangles in the neurofibrils. The challenge is that this syndrome shows distinct Neuropsychological deficits still remaining as the complicated forms of Dementia. PCA has been recognized for more than two decades, and yet the condition is almost abandoned by researchers. Hence it is the most suitable topic for discussion in the Dementia conference.
- Track 7-1Longitudinal Study on Posterior Cortical Atrophy
- Track 7-2Assessment of Cognition in Posterior Cortical Atrophy
- Track 7-3Neuro Psychological Features
- Track 7-4Genetics and Pathology of Posterior Cortical Atrophy
- Track 7-5Management of Disease
Parkinson's disease Dementia is a cognitive decline in thinking and reasoning that develops in the person diagnosed with Parkinson's disease at least a year earlier. Parkinson's Dementia are similar to those caused by other health issues. For example, mental health issues such as depression can mimic Dementia. The reason behind development of Dementia is not completely understood in Parkinsons disease patient. Hence this conference will provide a platform to discuss the problem
- Track 8-1Key risk factors of Parkinsons Disease
- Track 8-2Neuro Psychiatry of Parkinson Disease
- Track 8-3Clinical Diagnostics of Parkinson Disease
- Track 8-4Neuropathophysiological Condition
The neurological conditions in which the Dementia occurs include some disorders like Parkinson's disease, Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, Huntington's disease, and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD). These diseases mimic Dementia or has Dementia as a major sign in the disease. The diseases associated with Dementia have the disease associates that include depression, brain tumors, nutritional deficiencies, head injuries, hydrocephalus, infections (AIDS, meningitis, syphilis), Drug reactions and Thyroid problems. The genetic factors are responsible for the establishment of disorders like Parkinsons disease, Down Syndrome, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, The other factors for Dementia includes physical factors like head injuries and Traumatic brain injuries.
- Track 9-1Schizophrenia
- Track 9-2Huntingtons Disease
- Track 9-3Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Track 9-4Traumatic Brain Injury
- Track 9-5Multi-Infarct Dementia
- Track 9-6Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease
- Track 9-7Down Syndrome linked with Dementia
- Track 9-8Clinical Manifestations
- Track 9-9Cutting Edge Technologies in Prevention and Treatment
Neuroepigenetics is the field in Neuro biology that replaces the conventional thoughts on heritable epigenetic mechanisms, which involves in histone and chromatin modification which results in the variable expression of genes in the CNS. The numerous neuroepigenetic mechanisms have been involved in several Neurological and Neurodegenerative diseases for the regulation of various epigenetic mechanisms. All the mechanisms in Epigenetics will have a biochemical characteristic such that it helps in regulation process. The basic principle of Neuroepigenetics is that once DNA methylation patterns are established upon the genome in terminally differentiated cells, those modifications are permanent and essentially immutable. Other epigenetic molecular mechanisms are also in play in neurons some are ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling, genomic imprinting, SNF2 chromatin remodeling
- Track 10-1Genome-wide Analysis of DNA and RNA
- Track 10-2Epigenetic Mechanisms
- Track 10-3Biochemical Mechanisms
- Track 10-4CNS Epigenome - Therapeutic Implications
Causes of Dementia depend on areas of brain affected due to Dementia. Dementia is progressive in nature; Age is one of the most important risk factors of Dementia, 65years exceeding persons has more chances of having Dementia. Ageing and genetic inheritance from ancestors is beyond control but other risk factors such as Hypertension, Hyperlipidaemia, Hyperthoiroidism, Alcohol use in large amounts, smoking can be prevented or controlled. Head injury, Stroke or Brain tumor may cause Dementia. Few risk factors can be prevented with healthy lifestyle and proper diet. Causes and risk elements have contributed enormously in Dementia research and discovered new measures in Dementia conferences.
- Track 11-1Atherosclerosis
- Track 11-2Cholesterol
- Track 11-3Hypertension
- Track 11-4Homocysteine
- Track 11-5Hypothryroidism
- Track 11-6Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Track 11-7Age and Gender
- Track 11-8Beta Amyloid Accumulation
- Track 11-9Neuro vascular factors
Bioinformatics advent can be used to regulate and evaluate data from the current high-throughput research technologies and render means for novel discoveries in the field of Neurodegenerative diseases. It is reported that there is a very little published data on Epigenomics. It is said that the data are obtained from high through put technologies in screening of human brain. These data intend the upcoming researchers to know and design their experiments. The Data Mining plays an important role in the prediction of the disorder, where the actual data is compared with the real data and the results are interpreted. The Transcriptomics and Proteomics studies has also been carried out providing necessary solutions for the problems.
- Track 12-1Epigenomics of Dementia
- Track 12-2Data Mining Methods in Prediction of Dementia
- Track 12-3Gene ontology and Genome wide screening Approach towards Dementia
- Track 12-4Transcriptomics Studies
- Track 12-5Proteomics Studies
The assessment of Dementia in needed to rule out similar symptoms showing to such diseases such as depression, delirium which is curable. It is necessary to provide time to Dementia patients to plan future and make them literate about the possible effects in the future. There are various tests for diagnosing Dementia such as Mini Mental State Examination (MMSE), Mental Score Test, Trail Making Test. MMSE test include series of exercises in which various problems are checked with memory, speech, ability to respond. Blood test is also done to check levels of vitamin B12 and Thyroid hormones, which may be responsible. Brain scans such as MRI and CT scans used for checking brain tumor and Strokes in Vascular Dementia. Neurology gatherings talked rigorously on Dementia Diagnosis and it is always misleading to different conditions like Parkinson’s' disease. Hence discovery and establishment of new methodologies and techniques for analysis is in the urge for the Dementia society for dependable diagnosis methods
- Track 13-1Biomarkers for diagnosis
- Track 13-2Brain MRI scan techniques
- Track 13-3Neuro Psychological Testing
- Track 13-4Mini mental state examination
- Track 13-5Neuro imaging
- Track 13-6Clock drawing test
- Track 13-7Measuring proteins in blood
- Track 13-8Geriatric depression scale
- Track 13-9Mental score test
Treatment modality is a method that is followed to treat a patient suffering from a disease condition. The treatment modalities have three main approaches ,which include medical, psychological and sociocultural approaches. The most important consideration is that, in practice, no single treatment is considered sufficient for the treatment of Dementia. By now the combination therapy which involves the use of two or more drugs proves to be efficient. The other treatment methods which involve the stem cell therapy and gene therapy has now created the spotlight in the Dementia Treatment. Hence the advanced treatment methods can be discussed in the conference.
- Track 14-1Pharmaco Therapy
- Track 14-2Combination Therapy
- Track 14-3Neural Stem Cell Treatments
- Track 14-4Immuno therapy
- Track 14-5Adjunct therapy
- Track 14-6Lamotrigine Therapy
- Track 14-7Animal-assisted Therapy
Therapeutic targets are bio molecules maybe a nucleic acid or a protein whose biological activity can be modified by a drug candidate. In some cases of Dementia, it is reported that proteins are the cause for the disease. For example the accumulation of amyloid protein in the regions of Brain acts as a major factor for the disorder, hence it can be a therapeutic target . Therapeutic targets play an important role in identifying the potential drug candidates . Hence the conference provides the discussion sessions to reveal the targets for drug design process.
- Track 15-1Beta-amyloid Precursor Protein
- Track 15-2Action of Protein tau
- Track 15-3Role of Acetylcholinesterase and Inhibition
- Track 15-4N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) receptor as target
- Track 15-5Processing of Prion Protein
Rigorous clinical trials on Dementia drugs are continuing in USA and UK under the guidance of Alzheimer's society and it is reported that there is very less participation of people . The most of drugs are in second and third phases. Most of clinical trials are done in specific areas are amyloid beta plaques, the immune system, tau tangles . New medications for Dementia being developed in 2014/2015, 31% were named symptoms modifying. There are many developments are going on in Drug discovery of Dementia as old treatments are unable to stop the progression of Dementia. Most associations share their exploration on new medications for Dementia in Dementia conferences to get higher esteem to their items. This gets to be distinctly gainful to different geriatric doctors to redesign themselves with such medications and progressing possibilities by going to Dementia conferences. Such Dementia meetings will help researchers to know target areas for Drug development in Dementia and work towards it and also Dementia conferences exhibit clinical trial medications and offers positivity to discover new approaches in curing Dementia
- Track 16-1Development of Re-purposed Drugs
- Track 16-2Beta-amyloid Polymerization and Inflammation Inhibitor
- Track 16-3Prevention Trials
- Track 16-4Anticonvulsant Drugs for Treatment
- Track 16-5Vaccine Development against Beta-Amyloid
- Track 16-6Animal Models for Toxicology Studies
Dementia is predominant disorder that affects a greater number of people around the world. Diagnosis of the patient with Dementia frightens the person affected by the syndrome, their family members and caretakers. Better understanding about public awareness of Dementia aids more effective health and social policies. Dementia Awareness in families affected by dementia and the public is important to get a better grasp on how dementia is perceived If it is not understood in detail about the level and depth of public awareness of dementia, then the communication is ineffective with people to help or educate and address misconceptions The Dementia conference discusses the Awareness to achieve higher rate of early diagnosis and the management of the disorder.
- Track 17-1Dementia Champions
- Track 17-2Activities for Dementia Patients
- Track 17-3Psycho Social Interventions
- Track 17-4Knowledge and Skills Needed for Dementia Care
- Track 17-5Advocating for Public Policies of Dementia
Dementia patients need assistance and full-time care as much as drugs. Some common care practices in Dementia are assistance in food and fluid consumption, pain management, social engagement ensuring safety and security of Dementia patients. Main aim of care practices is to ensure cut in hospitalization and psychotropic drugs. Understanding patient’s mood changes, behaviour, speech problems and help in rectifying them. Dementia patients need end of life care so qualified nursing staff is needed. Few care practices which are used are indoor and outdoor activities, visual and audio stimulation, Art therapy. Care practices in Dementia have been critical to engage in international Dementia meetings. In need to evolve in Dementia care world gathering and genuine talks on Dementia care is required. The Dementia conference discusses the care practices to decrease the distress among the patient, family and caregivers.
- Track 18-1Care Management
- Track 18-2Case Management
- Track 18-3Care of Patients with Advanced Dementia
- Track 18-4End-of-life Care Issues
- Track 18-5 Palliative Nursing for Dementia
- Track 18-6Hospice Care for Dementia Patients
Rehabilitation gives both an arrangement of controlling standards to shape a model of administration arrangement and a framework for supporting individuals with dementia and their families. There is a need to create rehabilitation benefit frameworks with a reasonable spotlight on enhancing working and supporting connections, personality, and commitment and a need to prepare Dementia Care staff to actualize rehabilitative mediation. It is basic to completely include individuals with dementia and carers to guarantee an intensive comprehension of their points of view.Acknowledging the right to rehabilitation offers a tremendous opportunity to create a focused and coherent approach to positive support for people with dementia, of any age, subtype, or severity, and their families.
- Track 19-1Learning Compensatory Coping Mechanisms
- Track 19-2Anger Management
- Track 19-3Assessment of the Levels of Motivation
- Track 19-4Occupational Therapy for Dementia
- Track 19-5Memory Rehabilitation in Early Onset Dementia
There are a wide range of advances can be adjusted to the necessities of somebody with dementia. A few bits of Assistive Technology have been composed particularly for individuals living with the condition yet a ton of possibly accommodating innovation has not developed. As of now many will be utilizing items or gadgets that could profit persons living with the condition. Technology’s causing treatment and Diagnosis paradigms are reconsidered now. The Digital Therapeutics and Digiceuticals enable more flexible treatment and monitoring alternatives for Treatment, diagnosis and Management of the condition
- Track 20-1Assistive Technology for Health Care
- Track 20-2Dementia Care Advances through Cloud Technology
- Track 20-3Neuroprosthetics in Augmenting Human Intelligence
- Track 20-4Artificial Intelligence for Dementia Diagnosis
- Track 20-5Computerized Cognitive Testing Devices
- Track 20-6Digipharma
Mid-to-late stage Dementia and Alzheimer's patients regularly present challenging behaviour issues for their family and their guardians. The anger, sadness, paranoia, confusion and fear they're encountering can result in oppositional, forceful and in some cases rough discourse or activities. Comprehension and realizing about Dos and Do not about Dementia procedures are best to know when working with dementia affected people and the conduct is vital to encourage the persons living with Dementia and keep up their prosperity. Thus, promoting a positive atmosphere for the persons living with Dementia becomes possible.
- Track 21-1Promoting a Positive Environment
- Track 21-2Caretaker'Stress
- Track 21-3Communication with Dementia Affected People
- Track 21-4Dealing with Dementia Behavior
Case reports in Dementia supports the comprehensive report of causes, symptoms, treatment and possible outcome. Each case report distinguishes in conditions such as age, family background, treatment given and effects of it. This all helps to design, categorize the future aspects of disease. Case report will be highly helpful for the researchers to develop new methods for physicians to develop quick diagnosis methods in Dementia patients. Case reports in Dementia gives some thought regarding diagnosis, treatment and level of cure perhaps conceivable prevention to be taken moreover. Be that as it may, most recognized case reports is to be talked in the Dementia conference which would be extremely useful to researchers to carry on with their work.
- Track 22-1AIDS Associated Dementia Case Report
- Track 22-2People living in care
- Track 22-3Epileptic Seizures and Dementia
- Track 22-4Hospice Person with Cancer and Dementia