Dementia caused by various conditions can be reversed with appropriate treatment. The â€œreversible dementiaâ€ is the disorders found with cognitive or behavioral symptoms. These symptoms are not enough to fulfill the clinical criteria for dementia.The causes of potentially reversible dementia are drugs or alcohol abuse, space- occupying lesions, adverse effect of drugs, normal pressure hydrocephalus and metabolic conditions results in endocrinal conditions like hypothyroidism and nutritional condition like B-12 deficiency. Depression is the most common cause for reversible dementia. The potentially reversible dementias should be identified and considered for treatment.
- Track 1-1 Characteristics of reversible dementia
- Track 2-2 Causes of reversible dementia
- Track 3-3 Depression
- Track 4-4 Adverse effect of drugs
- Track 5-5 Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Track 6-6 Central nervous system infections
- Track 7-7 Alcohol abuse